Wing Kei Montessori School is a new – established Montessori school in the lovely Highland Park Community of Calgary Alberta. Our school provides a professional, warm, family-friendly atmosphere for your students, teachers, and parents. If you are a patient, dedicated teacher with a positive, joyful disposition who is passionate about providing a respectful and nurturing environment for children of all ages, you are welcome to join us.
Working closely with the Principal/Designated, the Casa/Bambini Lead Guide will be responsible for the safety, care and education of our pre-school aged group. Abiding by Montessori principles and Wing Kei values, the teacher is a key team member who will ensure a safe and caring environment conducive for nurturing and stimulating young minds.
- Demonstrate, promote and advocate the Wing Kei Montessori School vision and mission
- Plan and deliver developmentally appropriate education in alignment with the Montessori Curriculum to meet the needs of children in a group setting including:
- incorporates learning experiences encouraging student group’s intellectual, emotional, behavioral development
- as needed, develop and implement individual educational program (IEP) plans for individual students
- attends to physical needs of children; instructs and assists in developing self-help skills such as washing, dressing, toileting, and eating, as necessary; attends to diapering needs; ensures children are fed accordingly with special dietary requirements being met
- Work in an informative, professional manner with families of children under our care, respecting confidentiality and privacy at all times
- Ongoing administration and coordination of the program’s activities; e.g. records attendance; adjusts schedule to ensure staff ratios are maintained; participates in special events and/or committee meetings; monitors /manages program supplies; keeps site management team advised of pertinent information
- Regularly monitor legal compliance and internal controls including health and safety guidelines, administration of medication and first aid; managing records and reports accidents and serious occurrences; safe operation of all equipment including special needs equipment if required; monitors children’s health, records and reports on illness and special health conditions; promotes disinfecting of toys and activity areas other housekeeping duties as needed; give immediate attention to any health and safety hazards
- Maintains own professional development to keep up-to-date with early childhood education pedagogy
- Supports ongoing evaluation and improvement of the school’s various programs
- As needed, provide training to others who are assisting and volunteering in the school
The Individual Who Will Succeed
- Is aligned with Wing Kei Montessori School’s vision and mission to deliver excellence in care
- Early Childhood Education diploma or degree from a recognized college or university or other equivalent educational qualifications
- Montessori certification from AMI preferred; other training may be considered
- 3-5 years of work experience in an Early Learning and Care Program
- Is an individual who honors confidentiality, professionalism; exhibits consistent sound judgement
- Fluency in English required; second language such as Chinese (Mandarin / Cantonese), French, or Spanish is preferred
- Possess strong communications and leadership skills; has values-based and effective strategies for student management and conflict resolution
- Demonstrate positive interpersonal skills; role models respect, sensitivity for individual differences
- Has the ability to complete work within a team and independently; timely in escalating issues
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast pace environment
- High personal energy level appropriate for this age group – you find working with children to be meaningful and joyful
- Demonstrates keen desire to respectfully nurture and care for students from diverse backgrounds
- Vulnerable Sector Police Information Check clearance and valid First Aid certificate required
- Valid Food Handler Certification (approved by the province of Alberta) holders preferred
- Immunization in accordance with current AHS recommendation for Child Care Workers required
- Is eager to grow and learn; enthusiastic to be part of a new school
- Basic office computer skills will be an asset
How to Apply
Our facility offer newly-renovated brightly-colored classrooms flexible for multi-use and different age-group programming, as well as an on site playground and walking distance to various parks and amenities. We offer a competitive salary and opportunities for application to addition grants, subsidies and professional development.
We are an equity employer and encourage applications from men and women, persons with disabilities and visible minorities who may contribute to the wellbeing of our students.
If you are eager to make a difference in the lives of young children and their families, apply now!